Once biweekly, Sable offers an online instructional video in her series, "Sit for a Spell," in which she will demonstrate one simple spell for the audience. This series is offered for free on her YouTube channel.
Witchcraft recognizes 8 Paths of Power, or 8 ways in which magick is created. Lady Sable Aradia offers you 8 intensive seminars throughout the year in each of the 8 Paths!
NEW! Sable is now offering her 8 Paths of Power courses online or in two hour classes at her shop! Check out the links below or in the Webstore!
Videos: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power"
The Eight Paths of Power:
Also known as the "Eightfold Way," are a series of 8 different techniques used in Wicca to perform magick. As detailed in Gerald Gardner's Book of Shadows, they are:
* Meditation or Concentration. Called for short, "Intent."
* Trance; projection of the Astral.
* Rites, Chants, Spells, Runes, Charms, etc.
* Incense, Drugs, Wine, etc. "Intoxicants".
* The Dance, and kindred practices.
* Blood Control (the Cords), Breath Control, and kindred practices.
* The Scourge.
* The Great Rite.
Each of the 8 Paths will be instructed in a 6 hour intensive seminar, and Sable's book, Eight Paths of Power: A Practical Guide to the Eightfold Way of Wiccan Magick, is forthcoming!
Sable is now offering her classes in the 8 Paths of Power through private access on YouTube! Email for details!
How it works:
1) Register for the class through the PayPal link provided or on the Webstore.
2) Send an email, YouTube or Facebook message to Sable telling her that you have registered, and what class(es) you have registered for.
3) Include either the email address or YouTube account name you would like to access the video(s) through.
4) Once your payment has been confirmed, you will be granted access through the email or YouTube account name that you have sent.
Starting in the fall, two hour evening classes will be available at her store in Vernon, The Threads That Bind Us. Pricing is $10-$25 sliding scale for each class (commitment to three classes - one subject - is required.) Check out the Calendar page for details.
The First Path: Intent
1) Meditation or Concentration. This in practice means forming a mental image of what is desired, and forcing yourself to see that it is fulfilled, with the fierce belief and knowledge that it can and will be fulfilled, and that you will go on willing till you force it to be fulfilled. Called for short, "Intent."
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The first and most important element in creating magick is forming your Intent. This clearly focuses your magickal efforts towards a specific goal. All magick (Power of Intention, Law of Attraction, or whatever name you want to call it) flows from the essential ability to focus your Intent.
Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Intent, including:
• Visualization skills
• Concentration exercises
• Meditation exercises
• How to learn your True Will
• How to beat the “I Can’ts” and “That’s Impossibles!”
• How to clearly request what you actually want from the Universe - and get it!
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #1 - Intent"
The Second Path: Trance
Magic is the art of changing consciousness at Will.
– Dion Fortune
Inducing a trance state, an altered state of consciousness, is where most major experiences of magick, mysticism, and psychic ability begin. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Trance, including:
• Definition of a trance state and how it works
• Examination of altered states of consciousness
• Examination of levels of trance
• How to induce trance states
• How to access psychic ability from a trance state
• Lucid dreaming and shamanic work
• Preparation for mediumship and Drawing Down the Moon or Sun
• Accessing different levels of reality and astral projection
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #2 - Trance"
The Third Path: "the Craft" (Rites, Chants, Spells, Runes & Charms)
Darksome night and shining moon,
East and South and West and North,
Harken to the Witches’ Rune,
Here we come to call ye forth!
– from "The Witches’ Rune" by Doreen Valiente
This is the most familiar form of Witch’s magick; what people usually think of when they hear the word “Witchcraft.” Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in The Craft, including:
• Basic elements of ritual writing
• The art of spell construction
• The Witches’ Rune and its meaning
• Magickal correspondence tables to aid in your spellcraft
• How to use time to aid your magickal Work
• Commonly used chants in group ritual
• The bardic art of memorization
• Archetypes and their relevance to magick
• A study of symbolism and metaphor
• Accessing your creative abilities to create rituals, chants, songs, charms and spells
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #3 - the Craft"
The Fourth Path: Intoxicants
Belladonna and aconite
Give to me the gift of flight
Take me up, airborne in the night . . .
Hemlock, henbane, aconite, belladonna,
Opium, thornapple, cinquefoil, mandragora . . .
– from “Belladonna and Aconite” by Inkubus Sukkubus
Intoxicants have been used throughout history to induce trance and create magick. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the safe use of these substances, including:
• The safe use of incense in magick
• Basic aromatherapy and herbalism
• The safe use of herbs and spices to induce altered states, psychic abilities, and certain physical effects (such as aphrodisiacs)
• The effect of various commonly-used drugs (marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine) on your spirit, aura, and psychic senses
• How drug abuse can harm your ability to create magick or use your psychic senses
• The effect of various prescription drugs on magick
• Safe recipes for magickally-oriented Intoxicants
NO MINORS PLEASE.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #4 - Intoxicants"
The Fifth Path: Dance and Sacred Movement
Dance, dance, wherever you may be!
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He,
I live in you, and you live in Me,
And I’ll lead you all in the dance, said He!
– from “Lord of the Dance” by Aidan Kelly, C. Taliesin Edwards, and Ann Cass
Dancing is among the most ancient methods by which power was raised and gods were worshipped. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in Dance and Sacred Movement, including:
• Basic yoga poses and movements for meditation
• The Five Tibetans or Five Rites
• How to use dancing to raise and direct energy
• Symbolic dance to represent forces of nature, totems and spirits
• Basic belly dancing as sacred art
• Ecstatic dance as worship of the Divine
• Circle dances commonly used in Wiccan ritual
• How to perform (and lead) a Spiral Dance
There will be a lot of exercise and movement in this class, but all levels of physical ability are welcome!
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #5 - Dance"
The Sixth Path: Blood Control and Breath Control
When the breath wanders the mind also is unsteady. But when the breath is calmed the mind too will be still, and the yogi achieves long life. Therefore, one should learn to control the breath.
– from “Hatha Yoga Pradipika” by Svatmarama
Mystics from ancient times have used the breath and blood flow to induce meditative states. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the use of these techniques, including:
• The importance of proper breathing
• Basic Pranayama and Yogic Breathing
• Introduction to the chakras and chakra breathing exercises
• Postures to alter blood flow
• Basic biofeedback techniques
• Binding and sensory deprivation as meditation methods
• The Breath of Fire to raise energy
No one will be asked to participate in anything that makes her uncomfortable or puts her at risk. Minors will not be permitted to take part in the Binding or Sensory Deprivation exercises.
"Blood & Breath Control" will be offered at Sable's shop The Threads That Bind Us on Sunday, April 8, 2012. Preregistration is required.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #6 - Blood and Breath"
The Seventh Path: The Scourge
Art thou willing to suffer to learn?
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The Scourge is the most misunderstood and controversial magickal technique used in Wicca. More than just a tool, it is a symbol of suffering as a path to enlightenment. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop in the symbolism and safe application of the technique, including:
• A discussion and debate as to the necessity of pain and suffering
• A discussion of near death experiences, disability and Rites of Passage, and how they awaken shamanic power
• Examining how your times of suffering have improved your character and personal power
• Ritual to release limiting attachments
• Guided meditation to meet and come to terms with your Shadow Self
• Creating minor discomfort to induce trance states
• The traditional, proper technique of Scourging in Wicca and why it works.
NO MINORS PLEASE.
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #7 - the Scourge"
The Eighth Path: The Great Rite
Assist me to erect the Ancient Altar, at which in days past all worshipped, the Great Altar of all things. For in the old times a woman was the Altar.
– from Gardner’s Book of Shadows
The Great Rite, or Sacred Marriage, is an ancient and powerful magickal technique to commune with the Divine. Lady Sable Aradia will instruct you in an intensive workshop on all aspects of the Great Rite, including:
• The theory behind the Great Rite
• Balancing polarities of yin and yang energy
• Sex magick theory and a discussion of how to practice it
• A moving meditation to honour the Divine forces of Creation
• Tantric breathing exercises
• Drawing Down the Moon and Sun
• Performing a Symbolic Great Rite and how to perform an actual Great Rite
Video: "The Witch's Eight Paths of Power #8 - Great Rite"
Videos: "Practical Magick Series"
Sable instructs a wide variety of 2 hour workshops in simple magickal techniques. These range from a study of the chakras, to Tarot reading, to candle and colour magick, to a study of the planets and their use in magick, to making poppets, and more! Sable used to offer these workshops biweekly at The Threads That Bind Us, but now they are only available through special booking. Videos of her previous classes are also available. Cost is dependent on number of students and distance travelled.
As part of "The Medium, the Witch & the Shaman" Sable offers workshops and classes with her friends Lois Gueret and Victoria Willard. For more information, see the Medium, Witch & Shaman site.
Sable and her husband and Priest Erin lead a small teaching coven focused in the Star Sapphire tradition of Wicca. There are no fees save fair exchange. For more information, contact them directly.
See the Calendar page for Sable's schedule of events.
Contact Sable at the Contact Me page to book her for YOUR event!